Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Amish Market

To end our Pennsylvania unit, we took a trip to our local Amish Market. The Market has been here for years and is open on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. It's a really neat place and smells heavenly! I snapped a few pictures of Shay having a good time, and tried not to catch any Amish in the photos.

Sampling the Apple Cider. MMM
Reading about the different Pennsylvania apples.

Picking out some Salt Water Taffy.

Checking herself out while looking at some awesome handmade furniture.        




As we were leaving, we stopped by the pretzels. Shay watched the ladies make pretzels for probably 15 minutes. I think we might have made them a little uncomfortable. I wanted to snap a picture of how enthralled Shay was with the process of making the pretzels, but the Amish don't like to be in pictures, and so I respected that. 

We need to remember to come here often. It's not cheap, but their stuff is a great quality and the food is yummy!

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING STUFF. I love reading about the Amish! Tell Shay I said hey...i need your address again, so please send me a facebook message or something! I love what you are doing to educate Shay...I really admire you!

    ReplyDelete