Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shayleigh takes over the Science Center!

I love how much Shayleigh loves science. I liked science as a child too, although my grades in school didn't reflect that. Maybe it's because my teachers were boring. Maybe it's because it never seemed within my reach. Maybe it was just because I would rather be anywhere than stuck in a classroom. I must say that as Shayleigh's teacher, I am really enjoying science- both teaching her and learning along with her.

Last week, her bowling partner invited her to the Maryland Science Center for some homeschool fun. I wish I could tell you who's theories on what, or what law we experimented with, but honestly, I was too busy enjoying her squeals of excitement to learn the official names of everything. So the following is just pictures of her enjoying her day, with some commentary.

A hair dryer and beach ball will do the same, but not nearly as fun.

How clouds form.

We have this at home, only smaller.

ROAR!

Checking out owl pellets.

Tornado!

Measuring dinosaur bones.

Excited to see a show at the Planetarium.

How much do I weigh on Pluto?

Commander Shay on Mars.

Trying to experience weightlessness.

It's as if she is...(read behind her. lol)

I don't know which one is getting the education!

Orkin Kids.

Pull Shay, Pull!

The result of this was explosive!
What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment