Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We're making it official!

We're homeschooling! Well, I've been homeschooling my daughter for the past 4.5 years, but this year we are starting a curriculum. We don't have to officially start homeschooling, nor file an intent to homeschool with the state until next year, but my daughter is demanding it. She has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Her favorite things are books. She taught herself to read, and is constantly reading. In fact, she's reading this blog as I type it. She is constantly asking questions. She can be quite persistent. She really is a high maintenance child. But she is cool and insightful, and keeps me on my toes. She keeps me wanting to know the answers to questions I hadn't yet thought of. I don't really know who will be schooling who this year. So, while we don't  have to officially count this year per the state, we are going in full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment