Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ballerina Shayleigh!

Today was Shayleigh's first Ballet class. She's taken 2 years of dance at Berrend Dance Centre- hip hop last year, and a tap/jazz combo the year before that. After going to the Storybook Ballet Theatre last year, ballet has really been what she wants to do.
She's in Ballet I. The other kids in the class are 6-9 years old. A few of them have taken this level before. She did great. I didn't get a chance to get some pictures of her in class, but looking in, it looked like she was having a good time. I am looking forward to actually getting to see her doing her ballet and hopefully getting some pictures.

Here are some pics of her before class:

In her class leotard and tights.

It was pouring rain- so she wore my latest consignment find- $20  Real Uggs!

I have no idea what this is.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...I teach ballet and tap at The Little Gym. Tell Shay I miss her and I am so proud of all she has done so far this year. I love you both very much and hope to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taught those classes too, they're a lot of fun. This class is a little more serious. Hopefully she's up to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete